I would be lying if I said I hadn’t been thinking about fall clothes for several weeks now, even if it is still 85 degrees outside. And now that we have Labor Day behind us, I figured it was as good a time as any to share my fall wish list. It may sound crazy, but making wish lists have actually helped me to refine my style and stick to it more successfully.
In my wish list you’ll find warm neutrals like caramel, nutmeg, and olive with textures of tweed and corduroy. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Tweed Blazer – I have always had a soft spot in my heart for blazers. They instantly dress up an outfit and the layering possibilities are endless. I have a couple tried and true blazers in my closet but have yet to find the perfect tweed addition. However, this season has already released many tweed options that I am loving, particularly this green number from JCrew that is on my wish list.
2. Corduroy everything – Corduroy is one of my favorite textures for fall, especially when it comes in a mustardy, golden hue like this jacket from Madewell or this one from Free People. There is also a blazer and a pair of pants in a yummy melted caramel color from J.Crew and secret is, I want both!
3. Olive Jean – I have a pair of olive green skinny cargo pants, but I have really wanted a pair of olive colored denim now for sometime. I am still waiting to find the perfect pair.
4. Warm, Neutral Colored Sweaters – Honestly, can you have too many of these? My eye is on this caramel one from J.Crew and this one from Madewell. This mustard colored cardigan from Anthropologie also happens to be on sale!
5. Plaid Jacket/Blazer – I have a heavy plaid coat that I love but I also want to find a lighter plaid jacket, almost a blend of a blazer and a jacket. I love this one from Madewell. There is also a lovely plaid trench from Free People that would be a great addition to a fall wardrobe.
6. Ditsy Floral Top – Although I am not the one to wear floral patterned pieces, a ditsy floral pattern seems to stay true to my personal style. A ‘ditsy floral’ pattern basically means small scale or a mini floral pattern, and from a far almost looks like a solid color. That’s why I think it works for me. This dark floral top from Madewell is exactly what I am looking for.
7. Black Polka Dot Maxi Skirt – Cooler months make it harder for me to visualize dressy outfits. That is why I want to add this maxi skirt, for those days when I want a more feminine approach to my outfit. Throw on a sweater and a leather jacket and your date night ready.